SSI 2PC coverage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject SSI 2PC coverage
Date
Re: SSI 2PC coverage
List pgsql-hackers
[resending after gzip of test patch]

In reviewing the recent fix to 2PC coverage in SSI, I found some
cases which didn't seem to be covered.  Dan bit the bullet and came
up with an additional isolation test to rigorously cover all the
permutations, to find *all* 2PC statement orderings which weren't
working right.  Because it was so big, he pared out tests which were
redundant, in that they exercised the same code paths and pointed at
the same issues.  A patch to add this test is attached.  Run against
HEAD it shows the errors.  It's kinda big, but I think it's worth
having.

Attached is also a patch to fix those, so that all permutations
work.

I hope that this one be committed for beta3.

-Kevin

Attachment