Re: Named Cursors WITH HOLD - Mailing list psycopg

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: Named Cursors WITH HOLD
Date
List psycopg
On 05/07/11 09:07, deavid wrote:
> Hi, i'm using psycopg and i'm noticing that Named Cursors are being
> deleted by PostgreSQL whenever i do a commit. This is the default
> behaviour specified in [1], but there is a parameter when creating a
> cursor called "WITH HOLD" that allows a cursor outside any
> transaction.

I first try at WITH HOLD is available from the devel branch:

git://luna.dndg.it/public/psycopg2

Example code:

curs = conn.cursort("NAME")
curs.withhold = True
curs.execute("SELECT ...");
conn.commit()
curs.fetchXXX()

It should work. If it doesn't work please report any bug so that we can
fix them before the release.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it