Re: Inconsistency between postgresql.conf and docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Inconsistency between postgresql.conf and docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't have a strong feeling on whether or not we should put that
> setting in its own section.  Right now, we only have one setting for
> synchronous replication, so I guess maybe it depends on if we think
> there will be more in the future.

I believe there will be more in the future.   However, given that the
replication section isn't exactly overpopulated, I think we could
consolidate.

My preference would be to have:

# REPLICATION

# - Master Settings -
# these settings affect the master role in replication
# they will be ignored on the standby

... settings ...

# - Standby Settings -
# these settings affect the standby role in replication
# they will be ignored on the master

... settings ...

That's how I've been setting up the file for my customers; it's fairly
clear and understandable.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.