Re: Performance issue with Insert - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Performance issue with Insert
Date
List pgsql-performance
Dne 27.6.2011 22:14, Jenish napsal(a):
>  And I am testing the limit for the concurrent active users. When I am
> running my test for 400 concurrent user ie. Active connection. I am
> getting good performance but when I am running the same the same test
> for 950 concurrent users I am getting very bad performance.

This is typical behaviour - the performance is good up until some point,
then it degrades much faster.

Why do you even need such number of connections? Does that really
improve performance (e.g. how many inserts do you do with 100 and 400
connections)?

Such number of active connections is not going to give you any advantage
I guess ...

regards
Tomas