Re: Indication of db-shared tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Indication of db-shared tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 06/22/2011 03:24 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> I am going to try to add descriptions for system tables for \d+ so maybe
>>> I can put it there.
>> That would be OK with me, I guess -- something like "shared system
>> catalog for databases", you mean?
> I was thinking "(shared)" as part of the description.

I'm a bit unclear who this is going to help much. If you know what a
shared table is you're pretty likely to know which tables are shared -
there aren't that many of them after all. If you don't, this description
is at least as likely to confuse you as help you in any way. I don't
have strong feelings, just a bit of a suspicion that this isn't going to
do much good.

cheers

andrew