Re: Failover Datasource? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Bruce Adams
Subject Re: Failover Datasource?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Yes, Oracle's JDBC drivers support insanely long JDBC URLs which allow
specifying a whole cluster of database servers, what the failover
policies are, including various timeouts, load balance weights and more.
A single JDBC URL for Oracle can be a thousand characters or more. I
suspect the other database vendors (I specifically know about IBM DB2
and MySQL) have followed Oracle's lead here.

This page has a simple example:
http://programmersjournal.blogspot.com/2008/08/jdbc-connection-string-for-oracle-rac.html