Re: Failover Datasource? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Failover Datasource?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 06/16/11 1:27 PM, Bruce Adams wrote:
> Their primary goal appears to be connection pooling. My Java
> application server (Apache Tomcat) is already pooling database
> connections.

I think JDBC is the wrong layer for this, instead it should be
implemented in your java connection pool (tomcat, etc), where you
configure it with the multiple connections and the connection pooling
rules (master/failover, vs round robin vs whatever).