Re: procpid? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: procpid?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/15/2011 04:13 AM, Rainer Pruy wrote:
> I much prefer reading an "<IDLE>  in transaction" on a quick glance
> over having to search a column and recognize a "t" from an "f"
> to find out whether there is a transaction pending or not.

This is a fair observation.  If we provide a second view here that
reorganizes the data toward something more appropriate for monitoring
systems to process it, you may be right that the result will be a step
backwards for making it human-readable.  They may end up being similar,
co-existing views aimed at different uses, rather than one clearly
replacing the other one day.