Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 06/13/2011 04:59 PM, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> However, my copy of OpenOffice.org (3.2.1.4) does evil things to a
> pencil squiggle drawn in Inkscape.

That's why I referred to the lists of open issues in this area.  It's
possible to get various levels of SVG support working in
OpenOffice/LibreOffice, and some tests may show success.  But it's very
fragile and the quality of support you get quite variable based on your
version/distribution.  OOO might be a viable SVG processor in the
future, which is good news for deciding to adopt that format.  But for
now, it's better to avoid passing files through it.