Re: SLRU limits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: SLRU limits
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09.06.2011 19:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> (BTW, while I've not looked at the SLRU code in several years, I'm quite
> unconvinced that this is only a matter of filename lengths.)

I don't see anything but the filename length needing adjustment. In
fact, when I hacked predicate.c to ignore the issue and use too high
page numbers, I ended up with files like "100AB" in the directory. So
slru.c goes merrily above the "limit", it just won't recognize them when
it's time to truncate the slru because of the unexpected length, and
will not clean them up.

(perhaps not worth risking it in 9.1 anyway, though..)