Re: could not truncate directory "pg_serial": apparent wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: could not truncate directory "pg_serial": apparent wraparound
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Heikki Linnakangas's message of jue jun 09 04:56:41
-0400 2011:

>> Fortunately the fix is very simple, we just need to set the
>> page_dirty flag whenever we modify an slru page. But clearly this
>> slru stuff needs more testing. It's pretty hard to write good
>> repeatable test cases for these things, though.
>
> Maybe reduce the number of SLRU buffers used?
That's a thought.  I'll see about getting a build with
TEST_OLDSERXID defined and just one or two SLRU buffers for this,
and see if anything pops out of that.
.... after I finish reviewing Dan's patch from last night.
Thanks,
-Kevin