Re: SIREAD lock versus ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: SIREAD lock versus ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock
Date
Re: SIREAD lock versus ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> It makes me a bit uncomfortable to do catalog cache lookups while
> holding all the lwlocks.
I think I've caught up with the rest of the class on why this isn't
sane in DropAllPredicateLocksFromTableImpl, but I wonder about
CheckTableForSerializableConflictIn.  We *do* expect to be throwing
errors in here, and we need some way to tell whether an index is
associated with a particular heap relation.  Is the catalog cache
the right way to check that here, or is something else more
appropriate?
-Kevin