Re: ECPG, sentence not complete - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: ECPG, sentence not complete
Date
Re: ECPG, sentence not complete  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-docs
Hi,

2011/06/03 18:16, Marc Cousin wrote:
> Hi, we're translating the ecpg.xml from scratch in french, as it seems
> to have moved a lot with 9.0 and 9.1.
>
> I'm having trouble with this:
>
> 3948<term><literal>desc_next</></term>
> 3949<listitem>
> 3950<para>
> 3951         If the query returns more than one records, multiple linked
> SQLDA structures
> 3952         are returned, the first record is stored in the SQLDA
> returned in the
> 3953</para>
> 3954</listitem>
>
> Seems to me there are some words missing, but maybe it's a continuation
> to the next paragraph. Anyway I don't want to guess what should be
> there, so if anyone can explain this to me :)

This problem has been living since 9.0 or before.

I think it should be rewritten as following:
If the query returns more than one records, multiple linked
SQLDA structures are returned, and <literal>desc_next</>
holds a pointer to the next element (record) in the list.

Thanks,
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com>