Re: SIREAD lock versus ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: SIREAD lock versus ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I think you'll need to just memorize the lock deletion command in
> a backend-local list, and perform the deletion in a post-commit
> function.
Hmm.  As mentioned earlier in the thread, cleaning these up doesn't
actually have any benefit beyond freeing space in the predicate
locking collections.  I'm not sure that benefit is enough to justify
this much new mechanism.  Maybe I should just leave them alone and
let them get cleaned up in due course with the rest of the locks.
Any opinions on that?
-Kevin