Re: pg_upgrade automatic testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_upgrade automatic testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On ons, 2011-04-27 at 18:14 -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
>> Enthusiastic +1 for this concept.  There's at least one rough edge: it fails if
>> you have another postmaster running on port 5432.
> This has now been addressed: pg_upgrade accepts PGPORT settings.
> Attached is a slightly updated patch runs the test suite with a port of
> 65432, which you can override by setting PGPORT yourself.
>
> Anyway, is this something that people want in the repository?  It's not
> as polished as the pg_regress business, but it is definitely helpful.

As is, this will probably break on a bunch of platforms. I suspect you
will need the equivalent of this snippet from pg_regress.c:
            add_to_path("LD_LIBRARY_PATH", ':', libdir);            add_to_path("DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH", ':', libdir);
     add_to_path("LIBPATH", ':', libdir);   #if defined(WIN32)            add_to_path("PATH", ';', libdir);   #elif
defined(__CYGWIN__)           add_to_path("PATH", ':', libdir);   #endif

For extra credit, you could create a subroutine in vcregress.pl to run
the check for MSVC builds.

cheers

andrew