Re: Function to total reset a schema - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Surfing
Subject Re: Function to total reset a schema
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have two schemas, so I can't do that ...
@ Scott. You are totally right ... I have just read this on the
documentation:

"TRUNCATE quickly removes all rows from a set of tables. It has the same
effect as an unqualified
DELETE on each table, but since it does not actually scan the tables it
is faster. Furthermore, it reclaims
disk space immediately, rather than requiring a subsequent VACUUM
operation. This is most useful on
large tables."

So the VACUUM should not really be necessary..thanks.