Re: 9.2 schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: 9.2 schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/24/2011 01:35 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I would suggest instead adding a new page to postgresql.org/developer
> which lists the development schedule, rather than linking to that wiki
> page.  Maybe on this page?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap

Now that I look at the roadmap page again, I think all that would really
be needed here is to tweak its wording a bit.  If the description on
there of the link to the wiki looked like this:

General development information  A wiki page about various aspects of the PostgreSQL development
process, including detailed schedules and submission guidelines

I think that's enough info to keep there.  Putting more information back
onto the main site when it can live happily on the wiki seems
counterproductive to me; if there's concerns about things like
vandalism, we can always lock the page.  I could understand the argument
that "it looks more professional to have it on the main site", but
perception over function only goes so far for me.

The idea of adding a link back to the wiki from the
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/ page would complete being able to
navigate among the three major sites here, no matter which people
started at.