Re: What's new in 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: What's new in 9.1
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Marc Cousin <cousinmarc@gmail.com> wrote:

> - I pointed to the wiki's SSI page for SSI's demo, as it already
> is very clear. But I've got the feeling that a small detail in the
> examples in SSI's page could puzzle readers: the serialization
> failures are always shown at commit time of the victim
> transaction, when, if I understood correctly, they occur as soon
> as the transaction is killed.

Yeah, the serialization failures can happen at other times.  I have
a few more examples I wanted to include, which I just haven't found
the time yet to enter.  I'll make sure that at least a couple of the
examples roll back on some statement other than COMMIT before I'm
done.

-Kevin