What's new in 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc Cousin
Subject What's new in 9.1
Date
Re: What's new in 9.1
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

I've started to work on the same illustrated changelog as for 9.0,
trying to demo what I fell were the most important new features of 9.1.

I've started this wiki page.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1

There are a few things left, if some people want to help me...
- I'm not a native english speaker. So I think what I wrote is almost
correct english, but not that good from an advocacy point of view. This
is the one item I can't do anything about :)
- There are a few TODO lefts. Mainly:
  - I didn't see how I could demo SE-Postgres. If anyone knows how it
works very well, feel free to edit it
  - I didn't really follow on PGXN, so I didn't know what to demo to
give people the urge to test it
  - I pointed to the wiki's SSI page for SSI's demo, as it already is
very clear. But I've got the feeling that a small detail in the examples
in SSI's page could puzzle readers: the serialization failures are
always shown at commit time of the victim transaction, when, if I
understood correctly, they occur as soon as the transaction is killed.
  - Of course, if your favorite 9.1 feature isn't there, feel free to
add it :)

Cheers

Marc