Re: ERROR: cannot execute nextval() in a read-only transaction - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: ERROR: cannot execute nextval() in a read-only transaction
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/11/2011 02:29 PM, Dae-man Yang wrote:
> I upgrade postgresql from 8.4.2 to 9.0.4.
> But I have one problem.
> The Error message 'cannot execute nextval() in a read-only transaction'
>
> Please help me.

nextval() modifies a sequence, so you shouldn't be doing it in a
read-only transaction. Pg 9.0.4 enforces this, but it was still a bug in
whatever was trying to use nextval() in a read-only transaction before
9.0, Pg just didn't notice and warn you.

--
Craig Ringer