Re: BUG #6002: French character show garbled - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #6002: French character show garbled
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 02.05.2011 19:33, Savita wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.5

You should upgrade to the latest minor version of the 8.3 series. 8.3.5
is over two years old, and there has been lot of security and other
important bug fixes since then.

> We are facing a problem while inserting a Latin character (é) into
> Postgresql. We are using postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar to connect to the PSQL
> and trying to insert the following statement: "Vérification" through JDBC.
> Once inserted we went back to PSQL and ran the select query and the result
> is different: Vérification. Here the character é is being replaced by
> é.
>
> Could any one please help us in resolving this problem as we are stuck with
> this?

Sounds like your client_encoding doesn't match the actual character set
of the terminal.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas