Re: slightly OT - Using psql from Emacs with sql.el - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: slightly OT - Using psql from Emacs with sql.el
Date
List pgsql-sql

On 05/05/2011 04:55 PM, Seb wrote:
> On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:47:09 -0600,
> Rob Sargent<robjsargent@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Doesn't appear to.  I use sql-mode alot/daily.  The multiple prompts
>> never bothers me, though the output not starting at the left kind of
>> does.
>
> I've adapted someone's suggestion at the Emacs Wiki for that:
>
> (defun sl/sql-add-newline-before-output (output)
>    "Add newline to beginning of OUTPUT for `comint-preoutput-filter-functions'"
>    (concat "\n" output))
>
> (add-hook 'sql-interactive-mode-hook
>       (lambda ()
>         (add-hook 'comint-preoutput-filter-functions
>               'sl/sql-add-newline-before-output)))
>
> ... but this breaks navigation (e.g. 'C-c C-p')

Oooo, can't have that.  Though my usage (sql-send-paragraph) does not
get registered in the command history, I still like have a proper record
of what I have typed into the *SQL* buffer.  If I want a history of what
I sent from my working buffer (of sql statements) I wipe/yank into
*SQL*.  Then the entire block returns on M-p.