Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory
Date
Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory  (Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> Saying "similar to in-memory tables" sounds immediately misleading to
> me.  If I didn't know any better, I'd assume:

We can be perfectly technically correct, or we can have people who
aren't already PostgreSQL users get interested enough to try our stuff.
 There is no third choice.

So far, the only suggestions I've seen for how to advocate this feature
have involved renaming it, which isn't realistic at this point.  If
someone has an alternative description for the feature that anyone who
is not already a PostgreSQL DBA will care about, them please come
forward with it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.