ubuntu software center - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jeff Davis
Subject ubuntu software center
Date
Re: ubuntu software center
List pgsql-advocacy
I just installed ubuntu 11.04. I went to the software center and
searched for "sql", and postgresql isn't there, but mysql is. Same if I
search for "database" (though a few PG clients show up). If I search for
"postgres", a few clients appear, but not the server.

It looks like maybe postgresql got labeled as one of the "technical
items" to hide, among hundreds of others in a search for SQL.

If I search for "postgresql" I finally see:

   object-relational SQL database (supported version)

There are a few things I don't like about that description, either. For
one, I don't like calling postgres "object-relational," though that's
probably a larger question because it appears other places in our
documentation. And second, "supported version" is just a little
confusing in the title -- the MySQL package is a virtual package as
well, but it says so in the brief description rather than the title.

Thoughts?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis