Re: GSoC 2011: Fast GiST index build - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: GSoC 2011: Fast GiST index build
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> gistFindCorrectParent function have branch with following comment:
> /*
> * awful!!, we need search tree to find parent ... , but before we
> * should release all old parent
> */
> Can you provide me an example of case when this branch works?

See several lines above:            if (parent->blkno == InvalidBlockNumber)
                /*                 * end of chain and still didn't found parent, It's very-very                 * rare
situationwhen root splited                 */                break;

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/