Re: pgsql: setlocale() on Windows doesn't work correctly if the locale name - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: pgsql: setlocale() on Windows doesn't work correctly if the locale name
Date
List pgsql-committers
(2011/04/16 2:56), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> setlocale() on Windows doesn't work correctly if the locale name contains
> apostrophes or dots.

As for apostrophes, isn't the cause that initdb loses the single quote
of locale? ([BUGS] BUG #5818: initdb lose the single quote of locale)

As the bug reporter mentions, initdb loses the single quote in reality.
Concretely speaking, scanstr() called from bootscanner.l loses it.
I'm not sure if it's suitable for the bootstrap code to call scanstr().

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue