Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Alexander Cohen
Subject Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
>> Alexander Cohen wrote:
>>> Has anyone compiled libpq with anything else than MinGW? I need to
> be
>>> able to use libpq in an app im compiling from CodeWarrior and a lib
>>> compiled with MinGW is not compatible with CW. Any ideas?
>>>

>> Sure.  7.4 and earlier have *.mak files for Visual C and Borland C++.
>> assume CodeWarrior can use one of those.
>
> Yep, and I still use the Microsoft compiled version of psql (along with
> its libpq) because it seems deals with the console window better than
> the mingw version.  Another reason to do this is to static link a MSVC
> based app to the libpq dll.
>
> Just watch out for various versions of libpq.dll floating around, this
> can quickly turn into a mess (resist all temptations to put in
> c:\windows).

Tried compiling with the libpq downloaded from
<http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/postgresql/>. It works much
better than it did before but now im getting lots and lots of undefined
symbols. What libraries does libpq.lib need to link against to compile?

thanks!

Alex