Re: what data type to store fixed size integer? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: what data type to store fixed size integer?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/10/2011 07:41 PM, Arash pajoohande wrote:
> hi there
> I wan to store a 10 digits integer in a column of table.
> the data type does not need any arithmetic aperations (as of integers).
> maybe its good to use bigint, but it is Postgres specific and is not
> part of SQL standards
> what is the best data type (fastest) to store it? any help would be
> appreciated.

int8 , which is just another name for bigint. I don't know what the SQL
standard name for the data type is, but I'm pretty sure there is one.
Anyone know the details?

There's also NUMERIC , but it's not exactly fast or space-efficient.

--
Craig Ringer