Upstart script for pgagent on Ubuntu... - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Brian Myers
Subject Upstart script for pgagent on Ubuntu...
Date
List pgadmin-support
Has any one produced an Upstart script for pgagent on Ubuntu? I tried with the following:

<code>
description "Pgagent process control script"
author "Me"

start on started-postgres
stop on stopped-postgres

expect daemon
respawn

script       su - postgres       pgagent "dbname=postgres user=postgres"
end script
</code>

I also added an 'initctl emit started-postgres' to the pogstres-8.4 init.d and script and the corresponding
stopped-postgres.

Whether I specify 'expect daemon', 'expect fork', or nothing, the command 'sudo initctl start pgagent' hangs at the
commandline and doesn't start the daemon. The stop command hangs also.

The 'pgagent "dbname=postgres user=postgres"' works normally if issued from the terminal prompt. I know the command is
supposedto be issued from a normal user account, but shouldn't the su- command accomplish that?

Brian