Re: Protecting stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: Protecting stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/07/2011 03:46 PM, Michael Gould wrote:

> We want to protect the intellectual property of several of our stored
> procedures.  If we put them in a separate schema in the database and
> only allow execute on anything in that schema would that protect our
> stored procedures?
>
> Best Regards

It depends on what level you want to protect it and what rights the
clients have on the machine.

The short answer is that with physical access to a machine, a system
administrator should be able to gain super user access to anything on
the machine, including the databases.