Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/07/2011 08:49 PM, Chris Curvey wrote:

> Let me see if I can load it somewhere else.   And since the only other
> machine I have to try it on is a Windows box, I will be able to answer
> my own question of "are pg_dump dumps OS-portable?"

The answer there is "mostly". Contrib modules can cause issues and
locale names differ across OSes. I usually CREATE DATABASE then restore
into the empty database, because pg_restore may try to create a database
using a locale that doesn't exist on the target machine.

--
Craig Ringer