Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)
Date
Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)  (Quartz <quartz12h@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Quartz <quartz12h@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I issue statement 1, 2 and 3, and statement 2 fails, there is
> no prescribed behavior for statement 3, but one sure thing is the
> statement 1 must be completed.

I don't see how executeBatch can both throw the documented exception
(BatchUpdateException) and return the int[] which would tell you
what completed.  It doesn't seem to me to make sense to complete
some unknown mystery subset of the statements, so the only sane
behavior is to apply none if the documented exception is thrown.

-Kevin