Re: Re: making write location work (was: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joseph Conway
Subject Re: Re: making write location work (was: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication)
Date
In response to Re: Re: making write location work (was: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication)  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/24/11 8:16 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Simon Riggs  wrote:
>> Robert Haas  wrote:
>
>>> At least as I understand it, it's not our project policy to carry
>>> around code that doesn't accomplish anything useful. I have no
>>> objection to keeping the field; I simply think that if we're
>>> going to have it, we should make it work
>
>> What a stupid conversation.
>
> That hardly seems like a convincing response.  Adding a column to a
> view when the column contains meaninful values seems less likely to
> break things than initially adding it with a different value,
> identical to another column, and then changing the semantics.
>
> +1 for either dropping it or making it work.

+1

Joe

--
Joe Conway