Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
Date
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, the idea is that we don't want to let people depend on the
> value until it's guaranteed to be durably committed.
OK, so if you see it on the replica, you know it is in at least two
places.  I guess that makes sense.  It kinda "feels" wrong to see a
view of the replica which is ahead of the master, but I guess it's
the least of the evils.  I guess we should document it, though, so
nobody has a false expectation that seeing something on the replica
means that a connection looking at the master will see something
that current.
-Kevin