Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
Date
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
> In PostgreSQL other users cannot observe the commit until an
> acknowledgement has been received.
Really?  I hadn't picked up on that.  That makes for a lot of
complication on crash-and-recovery of a master, but if we can pull
it off, that's really cool.  If we do that and MySQL doesn't, we
definitely don't want to use the same terminology they do, which
would imply the same behavior.
Apologies for not picking up on that aspect of the implementation.
-Kevin