Re: I am confused after reading codes of PostgreSQL three week - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: I am confused after reading codes of PostgreSQL three week
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hom,

On 03/17/2011 04:49 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> That's ambitious.

Absolutely, yes.  Exercise patience with yourself.

A method that hasn't been mentioned, yet, is digging out your debugger
and attach it to a connected Postgres backend.  You can then issue a
query you are interested in and follow the backend doing its work.

That's particularly helpful in trying to find a certain spot of
interest.  Of course, it doesn't help much in getting the big picture.

Good luck on your journey through the code base.

Regards

Markus Wanner