Re: pg_xlog size - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: pg_xlog size
Date
List pgsql-performance
Em 15-03-2011 12:09, Tech Madhu escreveu:

[This is not a performance question, next time post at the appropriate list,
that is -general]

> Everything works fine (w.r.t replication), but the pg_xlog size grows
> continuously, though i had no operations going on. Also the archiving to
> the other side filled up the other side FS.
> ls -l /var/postgres/data/pg_xlog | wc -l
> 103
Did you consider using pg_archivecleanup [1]?

> At start, there were only 15 files. The max_wal_segments is 32, but not
> sure why iam seeing 103 files. Also the archiving dir size doubled
> (w.r.t number of files archived). and filled up the filesystem.
> I manually logged into postgres and run checkpoint; did not see any file
> reduction

max_wal_segments [2] is *not* related to archiving activity.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/pgarchivecleanup.html
[2]
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-WAL-KEEP-SEGMENTS

--