Re: BUG #5814: documentation bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From tushar
Subject Re: BUG #5814: documentation bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Well, what do you suggest?  I see no other way to specify the default
> for pressing <ENTER>.  I know I just press <ENTER> at those prompts.

[root@tushar bin]# ./createuser -p 5438
Enter name of role to add: test
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n)
Please answer "y" or "n".
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n)

even if i just <<enter>> it is still asking me to enter 'y' or 'n'

i m using pg9.0 beta3

[root@tushar bin]# ./psql postgres -U postgres -p 5438
Password for user postgres:
psql (9.0beta3)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

i think it should show like this :-(if n is the default)

[root@tushar bin]# ./createuser -p 5438
Enter name of role to add: test
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/N)
Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/N)

but don't know how it is behaving in PG 8.1 (as this issue reported against that version)

- --
regards,tushar
Lead QA Engineer
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Mobile: +91-99227433-47

This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message
contains information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be
privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive
this for the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution,
retention, archiving, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message