Re: Missing Bug-Report #5904? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Torsten Zühlsdorff
Subject Re: Missing Bug-Report #5904?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello Andres,

>> Now for the Problem: There is a problem with the translation of the
>> english word "March" to the german "März". Instead of "März" i get
>> "MäRz" (with uppercase "r").
>>
>> You can reproduce it as follow:
>> # SET lc_time = "de_DE.UTF-8";
>> # SELECT to_char('2011-03-04 00:00:01'::date, 'TMMonth YYYY');
>>    to_char
>> -----------
>>   MäRz 2011
>>
>> I did not find the translation file for this, so i can't add a patch or
>> check for other misspellings.
>>
>> My System:
>> PostgreSQL 9.0.3
>> FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE
> Thats very likely a problem of your operating systems locales. What spelling
> does the month have if you construct it with `date` or such?

Done directly at the bash on the same system:
$ date +%B
March
$  export LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8
$ date +%B
März

And in PostgreSQL:
# SET lc_time = "de_DE.UTF-8";
SET
# SELECT to_char(current_date, 'TMMonth YYYY');  to_char
----------- MäRz 2011

I also can reproduce this at a FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE.

Greetings,
Torsten