Re: Quick Extensions Question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Quick Extensions Question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> It's pretty important that we don't design ourselves into a
>> corner her
>
> Which is why my suggestion is pretty much free from any design
Now you're scaring me.  I read that as "the proposed design is free
from the influence of any design effort."  That's precisely how you
can find yourself standing in a corner with wet paint on the floor
all around you.
At a minimum you would need to specify the format of the dependency
list and either some header and or terminator or some specification
of something which *can't* be in the list.  It would be ironic if
our extensions configuration wasn't extensible.
-Kevin