Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Urbański
Subject Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/03/11 22:07, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 03/01/2011 03:53 PM, Jan Urbański wrote:
>>> It might be a good idea to make a list of what we have left to do before
>>> we can wrap an alpha.  Here are some things on my list.  Not all of them
>>> are necessarily release blockers, but we need to discuss which ones are:
>>>
>>> * Regression test failures from recent plpython patches.  These are
>>> affecting enough machines to make them "must fix before alpha", IMO.
>>> There are some variations in error message wording, which are not too
>>> terrible but also not exactly hard to fix.  The python assert failure
>>> that some Fedora machines are reporting is considerably more disturbing.
>
> I agree.
>
>> I'm looking into the crash, no luck so long.
>>

> Is there anything you need that would help you?

Could you try this patch and see if it fixes the failures?

I'm at a loss as to why this happens, but judging from the traceback the
spiexceptions module is getting unreffed somewhere and when garbage
collection kicks it it barfs on an object with refcount 0. So I'm
forcing an incref of the module to confirm that.

I tried various tricks on 32 bit Debian, with Python 2.6, 2.7, Python
compiled from Fedora's SRPM and I never saw anything wrong. Will keep on
trying, but tommorrow evening, time to sleep :(

Cheers,
Jan

Attachment