register_hstore does DB queries, does not play well with async connections - Mailing list psycopg

From Jan Urbański
Subject register_hstore does DB queries, does not play well with async connections
Date
List psycopg
Hi,

as per $SUBJECT. If you have an async connection and try to do
register_hstore, it does a query to get hstore's OID, and does not do
poll(), which results in an error in fetchone().

I think the solution is to allow people to pass the OID in
register_hstore and document that you have to do it if using async
connections. Currently I'm doing the select myself (asynchronously) and
monkeypatching HstoreAdapter's get_oids to just return the OID.

BTW: the query assumes you have hstore installed in the "public" schema,
which might not be correct... How about allowing passing the
fully-qualified type name to register_hstore?

Cheers,
Jan