Re: possible memory leak in Server Status window - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: possible memory leak in Server Status window
Date
Re: possible memory leak in Server Status window  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgadmin-support
Le 11/02/2011 11:42, Julius Tuskenis a écrit :
> Hello, Guillaume
>
> Please look at frmStatus::fillLogfileCombo(). Please note, that the set
> is defined and assigned, but then as it has not enough rows to be
> "interesting" the function returns 0 and exits. So "delete set;" is
> never called. Can this be the issue?

Yes, it's definitely a memory leak. As I don't have the adminpack
installed, I had no way to find this (other than reading the complete
frmStatus code).

Anyway, I pushed a fix for this.

I know Peter and Dave talked about some stuff I actually didn't
understand, but it seems it would take some time to do. So, I prefer
having this simple and effective fix right now :)

Thanks, Julius, for reporting the leak and caring enough to actually
read the code :)

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com