Re: RE : PGXAConnection and autocommit problem - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: RE : PGXAConnection and autocommit problem
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 10.02.2011 09:50, Maurin, Marion wrote:
> Yes, I think I saw that too, that the autocommit shouldn't be set from outside. But shouldn't the driver itself set
itto false at the beginning of the transaction?
> De : pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org [pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] de la part de rsmogura
[rsmogura@softperience.eu]
> Date d'envoi : mercredi 9 février 2011 21:13
> À : pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
> Objet : Re: [JDBC] PGXAConnection and autocommit problem
>
>   Driver should prevent set auto commit, or change it value in any case.
>   I thought I saw exception in code preventing this.
>   On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 14:28:44 +0000, Maurin, Marion wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope I'm in the right mailing list.
>>
>> I'm currently facing a problem with Postgresql XA connections. I'm
>> trying to have my transactions working but no rollback seems to take
>> effect. After searching, I think the problem is about the autoCommit
>> mode which is set to true even during the transaction.

It's quite possible that there's a bug somewhere in the XA driver -
we've had several bugs related to autocommit and XA in the past.

And I think this one is still pending:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4D01DFA8.3060207@emaze.net.
Could it be related?

Can you create a small self-contained test program to reproduce the
issue, and post it to the list?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas