Re: Bug: attributes dynamically filled (e.g. xml) truncated - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Barry Bell
Subject Re: Bug: attributes dynamically filled (e.g. xml) truncated
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Try changing some settings on the ODBC driver.
Maxvarchar(B0) setting, default is 254 , anything less then 254 is a varchar, anything more is a CLOB/Memo(anysql
equivalent)

Add these setting to your connection string:

;BI=2;TextAsLongVarchar=1;UnknownSizes=2;UseServerSidePrepare=1;comment=POSTGRESS;B0=254;B7=0;

Thanks
Barry Bell, IT Department
Office: 954-429-3771 x267 Fax: 954-281-1464 email Barry_Bell@harte-hanks.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Ben Morgan
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 4:13 AM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] Bug: attributes dynamically filled (e.g. xml) truncated

Hi,

I have found what I think might be a bug. I am using the ODBC driver in conjunction with AnySQL. After submitting this
bugreport to them, they said they think that it is a problem with the driver, because “it just displays values returned
bythe driver.” So here we go! :-)

The text type in PostgreSQL is of unlimited length. When accessing a view in PostgreSQL, some of the attributes contain
datagenerated dynamically that is longer than 255 characters, but it would seem that the driver truncates this to 255
characters.

Steps to reproduce:

drop view if exists "public"."too_short_view";

drop table if exists "public"."too_short";

create table "public"."too_short" (id serial primary key, name text not null);

insert into "public"."too_short" (name) values ('
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc tempor risus sit amet nibh venenatis sit amet vehicula
auguesuscipit. Vivamus augue magna, lacinia vel dapibus nec, tincidunt quis eros. Duis vehicula hendrerit dui, ut
cursusligula volutpat.

This is now at least 255 characters long, but this part will be truncated.');

create view "public"."too_short_view" as select id, xmlelement(name xml, name) from "public"."too_short";

select * from "public"."too_short_view";

Thanks for your time!
Ben