Re: mingw64 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: mingw64
Date
Re: mingw64  (Xiaobo Gu <guxiaobo1982@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On 01/27/2011 10:51 PM, Xiaobo Gu wrote:

>> >  Why on earth are you doing this on Windows? That's crazy. Did you run "make
>> >  check"? You should always do that after a build before you install.
>> >
> configure does not pass if I omit --with-system-tzdata=/usr/share/zoneinfo
>
> Content of  config.log

You need to listen to the things that are said to you more. Someone ele
already asked you not to post long config.log files in the body of your
emails. All you needed to paste was these lines:

> configure:7071: checking for zic
> configure:7104: result: no
> configure:7113: error:
> When cross-compiling, either use the option --with-system-tzdata to use
> existing time-zone data, or set the environment variable ZIC to a zic
> program to use during the build.

Why are you cross-compiling? I built without any need to do that. Change
the names of the binaries on the m mingw64/bin directory to remove the
platform prefix, put that directory at the head of your PATH, and run a
plain configure. Works like a charm.

You should probably wait a little while (i.e a week or so) for me to
work out the wrinkles in this. Then I will publish some instructions on
the wiki.

cheers

andre