Re: Caution when removing git branches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Caution when removing git branches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> OK, someone removes a branch.
As was explained earlier on this thread, it's not gone at that
point; it's a dangling reference.  I think that unless someone
explicitly "prunes" the dangling references, they are left around
for a week, and can easily be checked out again.
> If it is still in his local tree, he can push it back.  If not, he
> has to go around and find someone who does have it, and who has
> the most recent copy?
If it actually is gone from the server, you can fall back to this,
yeah.
> Can master be removed too?
I don't think so.
-Kevin