Re: Postgres 9.0 has a bias against indexes - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Postgres 9.0 has a bias against indexes
Date
List pgsql-performance
Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com> wrote:

> The optimizer will not use index, not even when I turn off both
> hash and merge joins. This is not particularly important for a
> table with 14 rows, but for a larger table, this is a problem.

If it still does that with a larger table.  Do you have an example
of that?  Showing that it goes straight to the data page when the
table only has one, without first wasting time going through the
index page, doesn't prove that it won't use the index when it might
actually help -- much less point to the cause of the issue in the
larger table, which might lead to a solution.

-Kevin