Re: Perl 5.12 complains about ecpg parser-hacking scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: Perl 5.12 complains about ecpg parser-hacking scripts
Date
Re: Perl 5.12 complains about ecpg parser-hacking scripts  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/23/2011 08:29 AM, Andy Colson wrote:
> On 01/22/2011 09:28 PM, kris@shannon.id.au wrote:
>> On 23 January 2011 13:14, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>> But there are quite a few perlheads around. ISTR Matt Trout was muttering
>>> about these scripts on IRC recently.

Ok, so I've figured out what its purpose is.

Are there other problems with this script?  Does it not pull out the rule names correct all the time or something?
Whatproblem was Matt having with it?

I think rewriting from scratch is overkill, unless this script is just failing.  The code to pull the rule names out is
abit complex, and it seems to work, so I'd rather not touch it.

Are there other things you wished this script did?  (reports, counts, etc)

-Andy