Re: Replication logging - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Replication logging
Date
List pgsql-hackers
All,

Just speaking as someone who does a lot of log-crunching for performance
review, I don't find having a separate log_connections option for
replication terribly useful.  It's easy enough for me to just log all
connections and filter for the type of connections I want.

Even in cases where there's a ton of connection activity (e.g. PHP
webapp without a connection pool) logging all connections still doesn't
generate that many MB of output, in my experience.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com